Thursday, March 27, 2008

No more Dangling at the End of the Call Center Food Chain

Yesterday I had to go home from work because it is kind of hard to take calls when you are trying to keep your breakfast down. Instead, I started the project of formatting my computer. I hate computers. After having spent 6 hours formatting it (twice), installing windows (twice) and trying to find the right drivers to the bloody thing I gave up and retired to my bed, only to find that my obsessive mind could not let it go. After another hour of work I actually found the last driver and now (almost) everything works - yey for me, death to HP!

I have also landed myself a brand new job! Eh, or at least a 50 percent new job. As and from the 1st of April I will be a Technical Escalations Guy (the sex change operation is included in the benefits, among health insurance), meaning that I will be the technical support's technical support. I think and hope that this will be way more fun and much less brain dead than just answering the regular Registration-calls. And yes, it includes a raise - yey for me!

Maria has returned to Ireland after an Easter vacation in the snowy and cold parts of the world, and she has already started throwing (candy) chickens on me. Well, I love her anyway and it's good to have her back home (:

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Hej raring. Paranteser heter brackets.

kram

Tenshi said...

Engelskt uppslagsord
parenthesis (i plural parentheses; vanligen i plural)

Svensk översättning
parentes, parentestecken
brittisk engelska; i amerikansk engelska bracket! (substantiv)

Kristina said...

Varken jag eller någon annan jag frågat på någon kontinent har någonsin hört ordet paranthesis användas. Brackets har jag hört i brittisk engelska dock. Det är ju i och för sig naturligtvis bättre att använda den korrekta termen så klart.