Saturday, March 1, 2008

The one about the Strange and Mysterious Swedes

Tonight we've all been watching one of the preliminaries for the Swedish Song Contest where the Swedish people (eventually) decide who will go on to represent us in the great and extremely important Eurovision Song Contest. This circus goes on for months, and usually you don't really want to be a part of it but the thing is: I've never been as patriotic as I've been since I arrived in Ireland. Seriously, Swedish food, music and fika, so of course I get all worked up about the Song Contest.

Another Swedish thing: all of us are going to Limerick and H&M tomorrow. Really, it's kind of mental: we're going to another town by bus for 2 hours just so that we can go to a clothing store. The only way for me to explain it would be that we're a bunch of Swedish girls who just got paid - the Mother ship is calling out to us!

No comments: